Pages

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Affirmations Suck! How to create powerful intentions that GET YOU WHAT YOU WANT!















Affirmations suck.

Yup, I said it.

I can just hear all the gasps, and the instant reactive dismissal.  Hold on, let me explain.

Affirmations are nice.

You are told to make them concise, in the present and of course positive.  So they are short and sweet.  How nice.  I personally don't need short and sweet.  I don't need short and sweet mentors. I don't need short and sweet business relationships, and I definitely don't need a short and sweet dream. (I really have a comment about short and sweet men, but I'm gonna be positive and let it go.)

I need POWERFUL and DYNAMIC. 

If you are looking to really live a more passionate, expansive, and abundant life, couldn't you always use some more power and dynamism on your side?

I also need statements that move my insides.  That bang the drum of my desires so LOUD, I can't help but get massively ignited and turned on.  What you place your attention on grows.  And that includes your intentions.

Short and sweet won't cut it.

Why invest your time with warm and fuzzy when what you really deserve is to hit the big delicious prize- YOUR DREAMS.  Dreams aren't created with warm and fuzzy.  They require clarity, and big heart grabbing inspirations that juice up your heart energy so high you could climb Macchiu Picchiu in a day.  (by the way that is one of my intentions. To visit it. Not the climbing in a day part).

For over a year now I've been saying "Affirmations Suck" and when I've said it to groups during public talks and events, the shock in the room is almost palpable.  The Louise Hayers nearly have cardiac arrest, and the rest have to blink a few times to confirm I'm actually really standing in front of them.

It's a bold statement.  I admit it.

And I love BOLD.  Bold makes dreams happen.  Bold made civil rights and women's lib possible.  Bold is what stands behind Apple and the most bodacious business man on the planet Sir Richard Branson.  And bold made the CN tower stand tall. I'm a proud Torontonian.

Bold is what will get the internal mechanisms of your passions churning in the direction YOU WANT TO GO.

Affirmations won't do that.  They aren't bad.  They are nice, sweet and fuzzy.  Eat some candy if you want that feeling.  Pet your dog.

But please stop reciting warm and fuzzy.

When I would recite "All is well" or "The right and perfect job is coming to me now", my insides wanted to gag.  Not because they were bad statements, but because my heart couldn't believe them or CONNECT TO THEM!

You can't fool your heart.  My mind was saying one thing and my heart needed to be reminded of what REALLY MATTERS to me.  And those are my dreams, my aspirations and the people I love and want to help in this world.  Not the candy words.

My heart knows exactly what it craves.  And so does yours.  I needed to really inject that into my daily mind mastery practice.  So I threw out the affirmations and I completely subscribed to INTENTION SETTING.  I got really CLEAR on WHAT and WHY, I want what I want.

So to make the most powerful and heart driven statements you need to dig DEEP down into your BEing and access the feelings that you want  to FEEL in life.  How you want to feel is essentially what rapidly and effectively creates manifestation of your goals.


So get out a pen and piece of paper.  And start the Intention Process now!

Decide your "What".  What do you really want?  What is the goal. the dream or desire?  Get that down on paper by starting the statement with " I intend ___________ 

The second part is the juice that will get you into the vibe of what you want.  You need to be it on a feeling level FIRST, before you see it in your physical reality.  Now Brainstorm your WHY?  WHY DO YOU WANT IT?  What will it give you?  Keep going deeper and deeper, by asking WHY over and over again till you have an intensely delicious FEELING (state) you want to BE and experience.  


So here is an example from a client of mine:

"I intend to create a new business because the most exhilarating feeling is to BE my own boss and see my efforts blossom into success."

That gets the job done.  That reminds her of why she is doing all the steps in the mean time, before manifesting her prize desire.  And guess what? She's more likely not to GIVE UP!   If you don't know WHY you aspire to having, doing or BEING something or someone you'll be left all warm and fuzzy and also really conflicted.  


What do you intend?  What you desire.? WHY?  I wanna know!  Comment below and share with me your dreams!  Tell me if this made any sense or how the exercise worked for you.  I would love to hear all about it.

Namaste



















2 comments: