It has been reported by gastroenterologists that more than 50% of people over the age of 50 suffer from "fatty liver" disease. This results when the liver has been overburdened for over extended periods of time with excessive habits of overeating, overusing alcohol, taking recreational or pharmaceutical drugs, food chemicals and additives, environmental pollutants, and contracting viral hepatitis disease.
Your liver is a significant filtration organ whereby anything you inhale, ingest, or receive via the blood, will ultimately pass right through it.
So just like you change a water filter after some time, we need to clean our own internal "filter". If we don't take care of this, we risk forming excessive gallstones which may eventually block the gallbladder and cause critical damage to its integrity. Every year, more than half a million people in the United States and more than 50,000 people in Canada undergo surgery to remove their gallbladders because of gallstones.
An overtaxed liver may also increase the chances of developing the following:
- Food Allergies and Intolerances
- Crohn's Disease
Here are 3 things you can do to immediately detox and alleviate toxic overburdening of the liver:
- CLEAN up your DIET!
- Cut out all junk and processed foods. This includes anything in a box, plastic package, carton, container or can be bought at the drive through. Processed foods are full of sugar, additives, preservatives and chemicals. Whole foods should make up 90% of food choices.
- Less animal products and more produce. So less meat, dairy, eggs, poultry and fish while on the cleanse. In general eating less meat is now proven to lower your chances of getting many chronic diseases and ailments. With meat, less is always more, and when you do eat meat ORGANIC is the only way to go.
- Eliminate alcohol, sugary juices and drinks, coffee and black tea. Consume herbal teas and green teas to promote flushing of toxins and waste products.
- Begin each day with a warm glass of water with freshly squeezed lemon juice and a very small tiny amount of cayenne. 1/2 later consume your breakfast. Drink 2 L of filtered water daily.
2) Herbs to Specifically Target and Cleanse the Liver:
Consume infusions or in capsule form the following herbs daily for 1-2 week cleanse:
- Milk thistle
- Artichoke Leaf
- Burdock root
- Turmeric and Cumin (both high in anti oxidants and therefore aid in the lowering of inflammation that results from high amounts of circulating free radicals in the blood)
- Holy Basil
3) Use Core Connection Healing Tools to Establish Emotional Balance:
Implementing the principles of our Core Connection Healing philosophy will aid in healing emotional and spiritual vitality. The liver is HUGELY affected by emotional stress and your feelings. Repression of emotions will hinder it's health. Also over reaction of emotions will affect its integrity as well.
- Meditation, guided or not
- The Safe Method tm
- Reiki and Energy Chakra Balancing
- Self love, compassion and FORGIVENESS
- Art: creative expression through song, dance, visual arts
- Expressing and allowing the flow of emotions in healthy ways
The liver is often associated with the emotion of anger and resentment. Holding on to these emotions and not processing them in healthy ways will overburden the liver just as much and possibly more than food and environmental toxins it can receive.
The POWER of Forgiveness!
Making peace with our past is crucial. Making peace with people we have conflicts with is crucial. Forgiving people, especially YOURSELF for mistakes is not only beneficial to the liver but gives you back YOUR FREEDOM AND POWER. By continually blaming others, the past and external circumstances keeps you a slave to those conditions. Release your hold on past grievances and you open new doors of possibilities and opportunities in your life.
Your liver will love you for it :)
Keep shining that inner Light for all to see.
Post a Comment