Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Day 2- Fall Cleanse



(You'll understand the pic above by the end of this post. So just start reading)



Last night looked like this:

11pm Got to bed, after having already gone perhaps 20 times to the bathroom that day. 4L of liquids can easily do that.

12:30 am Up to go to the bathroom.

12:31 Back in bed. Fall asleep to the still playing ipod on low volume.

2:30 Up to go to the bathroom. I recall a dream! It was way to racy to mention here, but I'm glad I got up to remember it.

2:31 Back in bed. I hear such a beautiful thing. Complete silence. I nestle right into the most tranquil and comforting position in bed. I'm awake long enough to let the dark depth of the night remind me there is always stillness if we can just get quiet enough. Yes, that is actually what I thought.

4:23 Up and grumbling on the way to the bathroom. Dam dandelion tea. Maybe I put too much in the pot. I just want to sleep and meet my angels. Stumbling back to bed, as I didn't see the dresser that has been there since I moved in over 10 years ago, I stub my toe. Ya profanities came out. I judged that reaction at first, then remembered it's all part of letting go of crap. So I'm off the hook for a few not so poetic words.

Actually I'm allowing myself to be whatever surfaces for the duration of this cleanse. If you call me and I'm not my usual self, well you are forewarned. Just play along and enjoy the show.

I kid you not 5:05 Up again! I'm thinking my kidneys are getting quite a workout by now, and I must be 5 pounds lighter already. Talk about releasing water retention. I crawl back into bed, and safely avoided the dresser and the dog by my bed. Ya a squashed chihuahua would not have been a pretty thing.

I laid in bed and visions of chocolate mousse swirled in my head. Then the mousse was being spread on chocolate croissants by Javier Bardem and he was trying to feed me one and I wanted to curse the cleanse and who ever invented them for eternity. Just as I was about to take the croissant past my lips, I wake up again.

7:00 am What? Where did Javier go? Ugggghhh I realize I was hallucinating or dreaming. I need to pee once again. I've woken up with a gnawing craving. But alas, the day must start and I prepare my green smoothie with Javier still lingering in my consciousness.

Last night was interesting. As much as I know how these cleanses work and no matter how much I prepare myself for facing the first week of this, I still want to whine.

Here is a Green smoothie you may want to try for yourself. I can't promise Javier will come and feed you chocolate croissants, but this will make every cell of your existence smile and do jumping jacks.


Piera's Power Smoothie

1/2 cup organic blackberries
1/2 cup blueberries
2 oz of wheat grass juice
1 bunch of kale
2 tablespoons of hemp seeds
1/2 avocado
2 tablespoons almond butter
1 tablespoon raw honey
2 tablespoons of Chia seeds
1 tablespoon of Spirulina
1 cup of filtered water

Blend all of the above in a blender. Serves 2. Javier's serving is still on the counter. Maybe one day...


Namaste

Piera




No comments:

Post a Comment