Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Day 4: Learn the Basic First Cleanse




Its Day 4 of my cleanse... I'm still alive.


I felt like utter crap (excuse the pun), the first 2 days. Yesterday was better. Today feeling nasty again. I do mean that in every sense of the word actually.

Physically, the fatigue is tremendous and quite unsettling. Nasty headaches torment my days and sometimes accompany me at night. I won't describe in detail what is coming out of me. That would be real nasty of me and I love you all too much.

Let's just say for someone who leads a pretty clean life, its amazing to see my toxic release. I can't imagine what a meat/dairy eating, alcohol drinking, nicotine smoking, grease consuming, drug using and coffee brewing Joe would see. Or feel for that matter. Poor soul!

But there is a less painful and gentler way...

Beginners Cleanse

One recommendation I have for those who are embarking on a healthier lifestyle is to go slooooooooow.

If you have not done a cleanse ever, and your current diet and lifestyle would
make me all red in the face from frustration, then I would suggest you just begin by cleaning your diet.

That's it for 3-4 months.

Herbs, water or juice fasts, or specific organ cleansing protocols like a liver flush or heavy metal detox are for much later!

Trust me it will be way too much and you may get too ill doing too much too soon.

What is a clean diet?


That means: No processed food like bread, cookies, muffins, cereal, anything in a box, bag or package. If Momma earth didn't provide it from a tree, bush or shrub don't go there.

Second wean off stimulants like coffee, chocolate, nicotine, caffeine sports drinks or supplements, sugar in any form (honey, white, brown, fructose or rock sugar) it's still refined and HIGH on the glycemic index.

Limit alcohol to 3 drinks a week. It's pure liquid sugar and many empty calories. The best thing would be to forgo it altogether. Alcohol is one of the most toxic things for our brains, livers and whole organism to filter and process. I'll dedicate a whole post on this one day. There is way too much information to go into that here.

Drink 2-3L of pure water. Yes you may be in the bathroom a little more, but your body will get used to it.

On the lighter side of things...

I feel lighter!

Also, my dream world has been quite a joyride. It's been the highlight of these first few days. I've gone to worlds unbeknownst to me. I've intensely visioned vivid landscapes , so magnetizing I did not want to leave. I will have so much material for a book, that I can foresee a series of adventures in print. Who knows.

There is always good in the seemingly "ungood" in life. So even though I feel like a Mac truck hit me, my body is revealing what needs attention and what doesn't.

Chocolate cake really wants me right now. Do I want it? Or a better question is what part of me really wants it- the mind or the body?

Who is the master in all of this?

Aim to be the master of your mind, choices, actions, reactions, and Life. What if that desire or craving were all just a sneaky trick?

The rest truly works itself out...

Peace and Namaste

Piera

No comments:

Post a Comment