Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

My Fall cleanse! Day 1





I'm back to this blog again. Have taken a hiatus. Sometimes life throws us some curves that can block the writing drive. I had to play ball and got struck from a few. Everything passes :)

I return with commencing my yearly Fall cleanse. I'm so looking forward to all this season has to bring to me. It's a time of harvest just before the big retreat of the winter months. It's a time now to truly reflect on the gracious blessings that are in our lives.

I know its been a rather hectic time for me these past few months. So a cleanse is something I fully embrace now as it will allow me to let go of what is not needed right now in my life, and it will help to let go of the past.

How does a cleanse do this? Well for me, I feel things beyond solely the physical plane. A cleanse to me isn't just juicing a little more, taking herbs and eating lighter. I truly take the time to reflect, get introspective and listen to what the deeper sensations within are saying.

Remember when you do a cleanse you are embarking on a whole body, mind and soul endeavour. Only if you are aware and have the intention to do so of course. But why just do a cleanse to see physical benefits only? Why not get the most out of it, and transform even more deeply. Food for thought ;) Make those green foods....

Things I picked up today for my 30 day cleanse:

  • Betonite clay- An amazing product that helps to chelate toxins or absorb them from the intestinal wall and pull them out of the colon.

  • Psyllium husk fiber supplement- Fiber helps to keep hydration in the colon at optimal levels as well as providing bulk. It will also help the clay move through and do its job more effectively. So these two work in harmony.

  • Herbs: Burdock root - a blood cleanser and purifier which helps the detox process.

  • Red clovers- another blood purifier. During a cleanse you want to ensure that toxins don't build up in the blood and that they get ushered out as effectively as possible.

  • Milk thistle root- one of the best liver detoxifiers in the plant world. Milk thistle will help keep the liver from becoming too overburdened from the colon's release of toxins.

  • Licorice root- An adrenal support herb that will lessen the stress during a cleanse.
  • Dandelion root- a natural diuretic that will eliminate excess retention of water and helps the lymph nodes release toxic build up.

  • Ashwahghanda- my favourite adaptogen in existence. It supports the immunity, relieves effects of stress, feeds the adrenals and helps reduce any stress from withdrawal from substances and addictions of any kind.

  • Liquid Chlorophyll- the best natural internal deodorizer around. It also purifies the blood, is great for anemic states as it helps fortify the blood and absorb natural iron.

  • Spirulina- A potent sea plant that not only provides one of the highest sources of bio available and highly assimilable protein, but also trace marine minerals that support our whole biological make up.

  • Ginseng tincture- I include this one for supporting energy levels. During a cleanse you can become very fatigued as your body lets go of toxic build up. Ginseng is a powerful adaptogen that also supports the sexual system as well. So bonuses everywhere ;)

My diet is fairly clean to begin with and I don't do much alcohol. ( Is vino alcohol really? hehe) I'm cutting out dairy, coffee, and chocolate for the next 30 days. Eeeek! I can really do without most, except for chocolate. That will be the temptress in all of this. Oh my mocha madness tendencies will be quite interesting to observe the next 30 days. I'll call out for an SOS if it becomes a problem of dire straits.

However I must mention though, I had given up chocolate for 40 days this past Lenten season and that absence actually helped bring down the addiction quite dramatically overall.

Interesting.

When we let go of our attachments for a sustained amount of time, the mind eventually gives up on trying to seduce us back. With any addiction it's really the first two weeks that are the hardest. After that, it's really all uphill. Just remember your mind is the biggest trickster around. Claim power over that, and you own all that you desire :)

If you have any questions about cleansing or starting a detox, I invite you to message me. Always here to answer the call.

Namaste

Piera



No comments:

Post a Comment